Friday, August 27, 2010

IS THAT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ASK FOR?


.....When He had come near, He asked him, "what do you want me to do?" He said, "Lord, that I may see again".[LUKE 18:35-43].

Other versions say, "that I might receive my sight". What an answer, how beautiful. This message dropped in me on my way to work this morning. We all have needs. Some of us have a tall list and it includes everything you can imagine or think of. I was trying to find out what people were requesting from God when they had the chance to do so and among those whose request took me into thinking was that of the blind man Jesus healed on His way to Jericho and that of Solomon. Sometimes, God knows very well what we need but He will ask again, "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO FOR YOU"?

Are you prepared for such a question? Are you backing your request by FAITH? There is one thing I hear almost all blind men can do perfectly and that is finding the way to their mouth [Just by the way] but the blind Bartimaeus still wanted to see. Some of us are lucky now to have eyes but we still must ask for sight. "We see but we can't see". Its time we stop praying for money, etc and turn our request to other things. The question God is asking is, "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO FOR YOU/WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?" At first it appears that Jesus asked a seemingly ignorant question "What do you want me to do for you?" It seems to me it would have been intuitively obvious what the blind man wanted. But I think the point is to give this man an opportunity to ask in faith specifically what he wanted. At times our prayers are too vague. Let us learn to also be specific. "THAT I MAY SEE AGAIN" was the answer.

Solomon knew that to rule you will need so many things but when he was given the chance to ask for anything [I Kings 3:5], he said he he needed wisdom. That is simply what he need at that time and I love what God said and all the things He added unto Solomon [1Kings 3:12-13.

Am convinced and forced to say that most of our prayer request are not answered because their are either not specific, not backed by faith or we are asking for things we shouldn't be asking for. Stop the money, wealth and health prayer for a while, change the topic for after seeking first the Kingdom of God and its righteousness, all and I mean all other things shall be added unto you. This man needed sight to literally follow Jesus better. What do you want that will help you to follow Jesus better? Don't be afraid to ask the Lord, nor be hindered by others who may discourage you from doing so.

Have a blessed weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment